PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.14.2011

No News is Good News

Today I am 27 weeks pregnant.  It feels a little weird to think back to being 15 weeks pregnant and being in Dr. P's (who I call Dr. Bad News) office.  HIm telling me that he didn't think I would make it to 26 weeks or far after.  I want to call him up and say "Ha, Look what I did!" .  I realize we still have a ways to go but I cannot tell you how nice it is to no longer  have conversations where doctors use the word "viable".  It is such an ugly word and when I first entered the hospital it was talked about every day.  It was such a rough time and I wouldn't wish it on any expecting family.  Maybe I am ignorant but I never knew all the complications and awful things that can happen when you are pregnant.  If I could give a girl advice I would say get the best doctor you can find who is knowledgeable and ask a million questions. 

This week there is nothing new to report. I have had no contractions and the babies look good when they monitor me.  I have had a lot of nausea so we are trying to figure that out.  I am getting quite bored.  There is only so much TV to watch, you can only look at facebook so many times a day, read so many magazines and books.  I am blessed to have a husband who spends most days with me. It helps time go by.  But I am still no ready to go home.  My neighbor who had been here the whole time I have been here had her baby yesterday.  I am slightly jealous.  She was much farther a long than I am and everything turned out good.  I am by no means ready for these  babies to be born but I am ready to get to move around and be out of the hospital.  I am looking forward to another wheel chair ride later in the week and am enjoying my showers. 

On Friday Clayton is getting lasik surgery.  He is very excited.  He can hardly where his contacts anymore and is so ready to not have to deal with glasses and contacts.  Please keep in your thoughts and prayers. I wish I could be there with him but he is going to come and lay on my couch thing afterward. 


I have a few pics to share but I jammed the card thing in the computer. Oooppss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment