PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.10.2011

34 days and counting

I have been in the hospital for 34 days.  I can't believe it.  My nurse the other night said it feels like longer and I said tell me about it.  Each day is such a blessing but I can't help but want to go home desperately. I miss my house, my bed, my dogs, the good TV channels and mostly being with my husband all the time. Even though he is here quite a bit, it still is weird to have him go home every night and leave me here.  I feel very blessed to have visitors most days. It really  helps the time fly. I can't help but think of people in nursing homes who don't ever have visitors. It makes me sad.  I want to go visit all those poor people and let them know they are not alone. 

A few happenings around here lately.  On Friday I got to go for not one but two wheelchair rides.  The first one to my sonogram and the second one for fun. I had 15 minutes to go where I wanted. Clayton pushed me around. We went to the little baby store here, outside for a few minutes and to the NICU.  It was so nice to be out of my room.  I can't wait to go again.  Right now I get one a week for 15 minutes!  Pure heaven. 

I had my glucose test yesterday morning.  It was awful.  The lady came in at 6:30 in the morning to make me drink the yucky orange goo.  It tasted like flat orange soda.  I love orange soda so this wasn't that bad but you had to drink the little bugger in about 5-10 minutes.  The lady stood here and watched me drink it. I got her talking and it actually took me about 20 to drink it. She was satisfied and said she would be back in an hour.  I figured the best thing for me to do was to go back to sleep. I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.  At 8 here came the lady again with her box of needles to stick me.  She took my blood and said I was free to eat and drink what I wanted.  I had some breakfast and tried to go back to sleep. I had been asleep for maybe 20 minutes when my body decided it no longer wanted anything to do with that orange goo.  Without going into the yucky details I was sick the rest of the day.  But luckily I passed the test and dont have gesstational diabetes! 

Other than that things are pretty status quo around here.  I had a few contractions last night. Probably because I was sick most of the day.  There wasnt enough to have to give me anything so that was good. 

Here are a few pictures of my wheelchair adventure!




Don't I look fabulous.  I told Clayton I cant wait to have a spa day when I get out of here. Thank you Lindsey for the cute robe!!



 


1 comment:

  1. I pray God makes all your days feel short. So happy you got some fresh air :) xo

    ReplyDelete