PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.05.2011

Three Months Old

On August 4th, Emma and Levi are three months old. I cannot believe it.  It still feels like yesterday that I was in the hospital waiting to have them.  So much has changed and I have loved every minute of it. Yes, it has been extremely hard, from leaving the babies in the NICU to the sleepless nights to figuring out this reflux thing. But with that being said I am eternally grateful for these two little lives I have been blessed with.  Every time I get frustrated I remind myself how close we came to loosing them and it helps me to put htings in perspective. There are so many families out there who have lost children or who have children that are sick. I feel so blessed that these babies are healthy. 

We have had a very eventful couple of weeks.  Emma and Levi had their first eye doctor appointment.  Both babies have a mild form of ROP which means that the blood vessels in their eyes are premature.  Let me tell you the eye doctor for a baby is like pure torture.  They hold them down and put these little prong things in their eyes to hold them open.  I have never heard either of them cry so hard. The doctor thinks that both babies ROP will correct itself as they grow.  We go back for a checkup on the 18th and I am not excited at all. 

Emma had her first trip to the emergency room. A few weeks ago Emma started running a fever and after a couple of days she developed a rash.  Because they are premature we have to be extra careful when they get infections.  Luckily after an afternoon in the ER at children's we were sent home. She just had a viral infection.  I am hoping to not return to the ER for a very long time. 

The babies had their first professional photo shoot.  These were considered their newborn photos. I am waiting to see them but I think they are going to turn out super cute!!  Thanks Narci for taking them for us!

Here are the babies three month letters:

Dear Emma~

You are my little angel.  You are so sweet and love to be held.  You also love to be rocked.  We are working on putting you down when you are still slightly awake so that you will learn to fall asleep without me rocking you.  I love you more and more each day and I cannot wait to see you grow up. Here are your three month stats:

Weight- 8 lbs 13 oz
Height- 20 in
Diapers= Size 1
Clothes- 0-3

You are currently eating similac sensitive and taking prevacid twice a day.  We are hoping that this will help to solve your tummy trouble.  You are starting to be awake more often and like to play on your play mat.  You don't mind doing tummy time but it is not your favorite.  You love to get a bath but don't like to get out and be naked.  You rarely cry except for when you are really hungry and even then it doesn't compare to your brothers screams.  You are starting to focus on objects and faces better and I am waiting for the day when I get to see you smile! Iou grab onto my shirt when I hold you and I love it! I love you Emma Bug! I feel blessed to be your mommy!

Dear Levi~

You are such a funny little man. You are very particular and stubborn!  When you are hungry you want it immediately and scream like you have never been fed before.  You make the funniest faces and love to cuddle.  You definitely like to be rocked and prefer to be held while you sleep.  Here are your three month stats:

Weight- 9 lbs 7 oz
Height- 20 in
Diapers- Size 1
Clothes- 0-3 months

You are starting to also be awake more and like to be read to. You love to lay on your play mat or in your bouncy seat and look at the waterfall.  You hate to take a bath. You don't like to be naked and hate to have your diaper changed also. You are currently eating similac sensitive and taking prevacid twice a day.  We know your lungs work because you can cry with the best of them. I love you little Levi and I feel blessed to be your mommy!

Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks.  I am so excited to see our professional pictures soon and will post them as soon as I get them!



















1 comment:

  1. I loved getting to hear an update on the Emma and Levi! Keep the updates coming! They are precious!

    ReplyDelete