PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.30.2011

We are home!

On Saturday June 25 Emma was released from the NICU.  Friday night we "roomed in" with little miss Emma.  We had a pretty good night but mommy and daddy didn't sleep very much. I was so paranoid by every sound and without the monitors on her I was nervous she wasn't breathing.  Saturday morning after being checked out by her doctor Emma was free to go. It felt so weird coming home with her.  We have driven home from the hospital for 52 days without the babies so it was weird to have one in the car with us.  We had a pretty good day and night with our little miss. The next morning Levi was released from the NICU. I had such relief that both babies were home but I was also terrified.  I was nervous about not having the nurses there to rely on.  They have both been home for four days and we are surviving. Thank GOD I have a great mom who has stayed with us since they came home!  We have definitely had a few rough nights but we are managing.  I mean to tell you it really makes a huge difference when you add a second baby. You would think two babies two adults but in reality you really need three or four adults to get the job done.  Last night I did one of the feedings by myself. yes, it was unorganized and crazy but we all survived. 

Here are a few pictures from the past week.

Sweet Emma Girl


Levi

Rooming in with daddy


Rooming in with mommy


E and L weights when they left the hospital. At the pedi on Tuesday Emma weighed 5 lbs 12 oz and Levi weighed 5 lbs 9 oz.


In my swing (Levi)

 \
Emma in her swing

In Levi's crib.


First Family Picture

1 comment:

  1. So happy you are all home! I know you don't know me, but I found your link through the prayer request link up at Kelly's Korner and have been following and praying for you guys ever since!

    I wanted to tell you that when I first brought Chase home (he's now 16 months) we bought a monitor that goes under his mattress and monitors movement and breathing. It's called an AngelCare monitor. It alarms if it doesn't detect anything in 20 seconds. It was a life saver for me. It let me get a good nights sleep (when he slept) knowing that he was breathing and ok. I just wanted to pass along that info in case you were interested!

    Jessica from Shearer Life - http://shearerlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete