PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.21.2011

The Countdown is on

Big things are happening in the Wilkerson house hold.  The babies are so close to coming home!  I cannot believe it. Tomorrow the babies will have been in the hospital for 7 weeks.  It has both flown and crept by.  I cannot believe that 7 weeks ago I was pregnant. I cannot believe that technically I should still be pregnant.  I feel incredibly blessed by our stay in the NICU.  The NICU is not generally a happy place and seeing sick babies and sad situations is hard on families.  We have been lucky to have had minimal setbacks during our stay.  Even though we have been extremely lucky I still have anxiety waiting for something bad to happen.  Each day I go to the hospital my stomach is in knots. Then I see my precious babies and my anxiety goes away.  I am so excited for the day when we get to say adios to the NICU. 

As of today both babies are eating all their feeds by bottle or nursing.  Levi is doing slightly better at finishing his feeds and got have his feeding tube removed today. Emma is getting there and should have her tube removed in the next day or two.  They are both on the "brady" countdown.  In order to go home the babies must be "brady" free for five days in order to go home (a brady is a dip in heart rate).  Emma had her last brady on the 19 and Levi had one last night.  Please pray that they will both be brady free soon.  Once they have been brady free for three days they will have their car seat test. Each baby will have to sit in their car seat for an hour without any bradys. These bradys rule my life these days.

Here are a few pics from the last couple of days.

Levi with no feeding tube. Isn't his face sweet?


Reunited and it feels so good. After nearly 6 weeks of being separated. My babies are back together!  Twins are almost never separated but because of the "almost infection" that Emma got they were separated. Last week Levi got it also and now they can be back together. I say "almost infection" because they are both just colonized with this infection and do not actually have it.Mommy was not happy having them separated but am thankful they are back together!


In our own room TOGETHER!!!


Holding my babies together for the first time ever!


Sweet Emma girl!


Daddy holding Levi and Emma.


First family picture!



We both weigh over five pounds!


Thank you for your continued prayers!  We continue to covet them daily.  Please pray that both babies will remain healthy and that they will be able to come home.  Please pray that when both babies come home we will have patience, strength and some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment